PTSD Facts and Figures
- The following factors increase the likelihood of PTSD: Youth, a history of depression or trauma, multiple deployments, and relentless exposure to violence.
- 30.9% of Vietnam veterans in one study had developed PTSD during their lifetimes.
- Between 1999 and 2004, the number of veterans seeking benefits for PTSD increased 79%.
- In Iraq, roughly one in six combatants has experienced PTSD.
- 35 percent of Iraq veterans sought psychological counseling within a year of coming home, according to the Department of Defene
From PBS Show, 9/28/07
Another program outlines the benefit of breath work to fix the automatic nervous system.
EMDR and PTSD
EMDR Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing, has been approved by the American Medical Association for treament of PTSD, depression, anxiety attacks and other CMS conditions. Read about how this revolutionary therapy is being used successfully on victims of PTSD, with photos.
SoftForce® is a game
in which the winners are those who learn to be creative,
relaxed and focused.
When you are calm and centered, your mindscape looks like what an eagle might see, gliding high in the sky above quiet mountain lakes and forested valleys.